Emilienne Malfatto is a freelance photojournalist covering conflict, post-conflict and social issues, mostly in Middle East and Latin America.
She studied in France and Colombia and graduated from Sciences Po Paris in 2013. She then worked two years for the Agence France Presse (AFP) in France and on the Middle East regional desk. In early 2015 she moved to northern Iraq as a freelancer. She now works between Iraq, Latin America and Southern Europe, with occasional reporting elsewhere.
She is available for assignments.
Follow on Twitter: @emalfatto
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/emiliennemalfatto/
– Winner of the Reporting prize organized by french media Revue XXI and radio France Info
– Finalist of the European Press Prize
– Solo exhibition in the Kurdish Insitute in Paris
– Participant to the IWMF’s Adelante reporting trip in La Guajira, Colombia
– Participant to the New York Portfolio Review
– Participant to the 2017 NOOR-Nikon workshop
– Grantee of the Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet Foundation
– Recipient of the Stanley Greene / NOOR Scholarship to the Foundry Workshop